Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Guilty as Charged

My crime: mindless munching, binging on sweets

I caught myself today. Became completely aware of my own antics. My own self-sabotaging ways. I was walking around my class during a transition period and I grabbed 3 of these cookies to the left... when something told me to check the calories... 2 cookies are 160 calories!!!!! WHAT!!! So, yes I immediately put 2 of the 3 back. I'd already bit into one. Which it's crazy because i brought a snack to work for this very reason.  For this very thing, I had cheerios in a small glass container that's small enough to fit in my purse.  So, yes I have to be very aware of what I'm eating during the day when I'm at work, especially when i find my jaws moving and I'm not even hungry.

Oddly enough I was doing okay during the day yesterday, cooking meals of substance, no mindless snacking, no wasted calories- that's my phrase for candy, sweets, etc.  When I made a trip to walmart I picked up not one but two 8 count fun size packs of snickers... and I ate them... all... yesterday... when I shouldn't have wasted 2 dollars on them in the first place. But I did. So, I'm feeling it today.  I felt them this morning when i began my 21 day yoga challenge. The challenge I was supposed to start yesterday but was exhausted from resting all day. Go figure. And a post is coming about that shortly.  I think I'll do a weekly post about the 3 week challenge.

Anyway, I read something yesterday that caught my attention a guy on a blog somewhere in cyberspace referred to himself as a selectarian... saying he's selective about what he puts in his mouth, his body.  And I like that, so much more than saying I'm a clean eater, or pollotarian, or pescetarian.   It's a mind game I know lol, but if that keeps my engine going, I'll take it.

So, I can't change what I've eaten already, but I'm aiming to stick to my planned snacks and meals for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment