Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

31 Day Reset: Day 7, 8

Day 7: Write your ideal life narrative

I am living in Monroe, La. in a townhouse with a spacious kitchen and bathroom in the Garden District.  I read for an hour daily for pleasure.  I travel twice a year, once with immediate family to Valdosta, Ga in the summer and once with friends to other locations such as New York, Las Vegas, D.C., Orlando, Atlanta, Memphis but not limited to these in the fall. I have a grand time each time.  I attend my family reunion in May and I am in contact with my siblings weekly.  I make contact with long distance friends once a month at least.  I have random get togethers at my place or at a restaurant with close friends just to celebrate friendship.  I have a healthy, handsome romantic partner who is a complement to me.  Our union is dynamic.  We are supportive of each other in our life journeys.  I am an educator of the young.  I teach Kindergarten but reach the masses from pre-K to 5th grade.  I am a cheerleader for others lacking in self-esteem and confidence.  Empowering them to believe in themselves and their gifts.  I sing at special events at my church and engagements with a neo-soul vibe. I have written several best -selling educational books on educating kids within poverty as well as published a collaboration project of erotic short stories and poetry. I have an advanced degree in education.  I attend conferences to further my skills as a teacher. I attend professional developments that are pertinent to my work with 5 and 6 year olds. I participate in book studies that are of interest to me.  I take continuing education courses on whatever is of interest to me: yoga, photography, scrapbooking, etc. I attend several paid workshops during the year that support my income.  I am debt free,  with a great credit score.  I have started paying cash or using my debit card for everything.  My living fund accounts are abundant and growing: 6 month living, emergency and travel.   I am fit and healthy. I get yearly check-ups and I am wearing a size healthy 16. I eat clean and exercise four days out of the week. I participate in half marathons once a year and I am an avid at home practicing yogi. I start my day meditating and getting in line with God and I end my day in prayer.  It gives me balance throughout the day.  I am surrounded by positive thoughts, people and things.

Day 8: Reflect, Comment and Connect

  • What was the most important thing you learned about yourself this week? That I needed to work on my routine. And actively make time to do each assignment.  To be honest with myself even when the mirror was showing me something I didn't like.

  • What has been your favorite exercise so far? Making the mission statement was the best exercise to me.  I felt so empowered after I'd gotten it finished because it made these dreams seem that much more in reach.

  • Which exercise did you struggle with the most and why? Seeing my values in action.  I didn't know what they looked like and it was hard to envision some with 3 actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment