Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Break... Tha Joy of Giving Thanks... Next Steps

So, last week I was off for the week from teaching. I love paid vacation included time :) However I spent the whole week with my family either in Louisiana or Georgia and it was great. But I had a cooking experience that was fun for me. I made stuffed bell peppers for the first time.
Voila!
Made six in all.  Actually turned out great for a first time!
That was part of my pre- thanksgiving contribution to the family.

Now in the art of giving thanks, I've been feeling lately like my relationship with God could be so much better than it is.  That I could go the extra mile and just give my all. It'll be a struggle I'm sure. As, self- reflection and meditation always brings change when you have to get that clear look into your own actions and address them.  So, since I get up early aside from walking in the mornings with my walking buddy, I'm in the process of getting my mind ready for morning prayer time.

Also, over the break I did get some Christmas shopping done and a little self shopping as well.  I made a splurge purchase for these babies:
My Vibram Five Fingers- Bikila style

The first day was weird being connected to the ground in such a way.  The second day I was in love a little :). Going to try them out for an evening or morning walk and report back. As I am getting more into my own fitness I'm starting to play around with the idea of doing my first 5K race.  So, Next Steps with that has me researching races to see how much time I would have to train to do it.  I'm excited about that.

Thanksgiving Week Wrap Up Word: Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment